Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 4: Think Happy Thoughts

Last night I figured out that the second burst of energy was coming on while I was writing my blog. Unfortunately I was up till about 1am. This is something that I absolutely do not like. I'm so sleepy right now and I hope that the same doesn't happen tonight. Last night was the first time I had ever contemplated working out at 12am just to have something to do, I'm usually asleep by that time. Right as I was falling asleep I hear a scream from the other end of the house and go to comfort a little boy from nightmares. Then Xan came to sleep with mommy and daddy and so I had a very fitful night.
OK, enough of my complaining. I had a good day today with my kids. We went to a family member's house to swim. That is good exercise! Especially when you are busy catching boys who like to jump off a diving board into the deep end even though they have just learned to swim. If I could swim everyday for my exercise I would, I love it!
I'm finding it easier to find things to eat. I have a hobby of collecting cook books, so I had a fun time today looking through the many diet books I've collected over the years. My best find today was the desert that I made for dinner. It's from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. It's called Chocolate-Peanut Butter Grahamwiches. Haven't tried them yet but they look good. Here's the recipe.

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Grahamwiches
4 whole chocolate graham cracker sheets
4 teaspoons reduced-fat peanut butter
1/2 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed

Break each graham cracker in half (so each half is 1 square). Spread 1 teaspoon peanut butter evenly over the inside of each of 4 half's. Spread 2 tablespoons whipped topping each evenly among the insides of the 4 remaining halves. Sandwich the crackers together to form 4 sandwiches, each with a layer of peanut butter and a layer of whipped topping. Transfer to a airtight plastic container and place in the freezer. Freeze for about 2 hours or up to 1 month. Serve frozen.
Makes 4 servings

Per Serving: 112 calories, 2g protein, 18g carbohydrates, 4g fat, 0mg cholesterol, less than 1g fiber, 142mg sodium

Hope you guys enjoy those. Let me know how they turn out if you decide to make them.
Day 4: Desert is my happy thought!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally trying those Chocolate-Peanut Butter Grahamwiches. I love anything with PB on it! I am addicted to PB! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe! I hope you are able to get a good nights sleep tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mushroom Daisy,
    Your welcome for the recipe. The Grahamwiches were a hit with my family, and that's saying a lot. My kids are the pickiest eaters and they loved them.I did sleep last night by the way, thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena